search instagram arrow-down

Go Ahead, Click It

2015 2016 Adventure America Art Asia Autumn Beauty Beer boulder Change Chile China Christmas Colorado Consignment Only Cooking Craft Beer Culture DIY DIY Home Education England English Europe Expat Extreme Travel Fashion Feminism Food Foodie France Garden Grammar Hair Hiking Home Homemade How To Iceland Immigration India International Korea Life Linguistics Living Abroad London Makeup Moving News nomad Outdoors Photography Politics ROK Seoul Shanghai South Korea Spring Style Summer Teacher Teaching Teaching English Abroad TEFL Thoughts Travel Travel Photography UK USA vietnam Winter Writing WTF

Maybe My Style Is Developed Already?

I’m doing the Thirty Pretty Projects from Already Pretty to help myself transition stylistically and develop better ways of dressing my newly plus-sized body. I struggled hard the first week and haven’t found time to write about the second, but today I went to try on bridesmaid dresses. I found this fantastic dress and styled it with red accents…to great effect!

Maybe I know a bit about this style thing after all.

7 comments on “Maybe My Style Is Developed Already?

1. Ooo, that dress is gorgeous on you!

1. Coleen says:

Thanks! I thought so…it’s not the one we got for the wedding, but it’s a goodie!

2. H. E. Lexus says:

Gorgeous look. Great style, love the heels. Very good job! 😉

3. Tracey says:

Newly plus-sized body?

1. Coleen says:

Newly officially plus-sized. I’ve gained a bit of weight since this time last year, and although my boobs are always plus (plus plus plus haha), I had been wearing a size 10 in dresses/pants last year in Korea. I’m now a 14/16.

It’s hard to define because the high fashion definition of “plus” is a size 8, and the perception of “plus” is sometimes different from how I look because I’m tall. I’m sure you get it! 🙂

4. Tracey says:

I definitely do! I’m a 10/12 in dresses but a 15/16/17 in pants size. I have the hardest time because being tall and categorically plus-size, I find that the style blogs I’ve looked at for “curvy” women don’t work as well because of my height or my specific dimensions. I also understand the boob thing too. Basically, Victoria’s Secret is my only hope for fitted bras that lift the ladies properly. Good luck, Coleen. This is a cool project!

1. Coleen says:

No worries! Check out Fashion for Giants. It’s a style blog of a tall and plus-sized vitage-y lady. It’s pretty sweet.