Donald J. Trump is the president-elect of the United States. I am in deep mourning about this, like many. My small-scale resistance starting this week: a list of the bullshit he has wrought upon us all this week, accompanied by the video of me burning him in effigy on 5 November.
Week of 4 December 2016
- The media keep flubbing about saying that Trump’s opinion on whatever will surely not be what he has said it was over and over and over again during the campaign.
- Trump suggested during a ‘thank you’ tour that he will appoint a former general to Secretary of Defense. This breaks with tradition from literally the beginning of the USA, when Washington explicitly put the military’s control in civilian hands to avoid, you know…juntas and shit. Mattis would be the first general since George Marshall to serve in a Presidential cabinet so recently after leaving the military.
- Trump called the President of Taiwan, breaking more than 35 years of Chinese-American understanding about how to deal with that particular issue. Then denied his people set up the call, and then whined about the attention he received on Twitter. This is the new normal.
Interesting how the U.S. sells Taiwan billions of dollars of military equipment but I should not accept a congratulatory call.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) 3 December 2016
- Speaking of Twitter whining, the POTUS-Elect also complained that he totally won the popular vote in the election, if one discounts the “millions” of people who voted illegally. There is no evidence…repeat, no evidence….repeat, nothing to suggest…repeat, nothing at all provided by the Trump administration to support this idea. But hey, we live in the post-fact era. I suppose if he says that millions voted illegally, then they must have magically done so. I mean, why would he lie to us?
In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) 27 November 2016
- Trump held rallies on a ‘Thank You’ tour which is totally not gloating or sktechily looking like a Nazi rally…oh, no. Why campaign when the campaign’s over? Why not? It’s a brave new world after November 9th. For those who think Trump as POTUS will finally, mercifully pivot to normal…nope.
Nobody should be allowed to burn the American flag – if they do, there must be consequences – perhaps loss of citizenship or year in jail!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) 29 November 2016
- Trump stated that those who burn the American flag should face jail time or loss of American citizenship. I wonder what he thinks of burning him in effigy?
2 thoughts on “New Weekly Post: Top Trumps”
Typical that Trump claims millions voted illegally, but is suing to prevent recounts in MI, WI, and PA. Wouldn’t you think he’d want to expose all those illegal votes? Prove that he won the popular vote? Surely a recount would be in his best interest…
He doesn’t care. He lives in the fact-free world, where everyone’s opinion is doctrine. Socrates save us all.